Take a few minutes to set up this automation, and save hours by automatically attaching your recurring payments with the right receipt in your Qonto account.
If you haven't had a chance to use our feature that allows you to automatically associate your email receipts with the right transactions when you manually forward them to your dedicated Qonto address, you're in for a double treat!
Easily automate the management of digital receipts sent by suppliers you pay on a regular basis (accounting, collaboration, marketing, IT…) by automatically forwarding it.
🤓 How does it work?
This little trick works in most mailboxes. Here we propose the case of Gmail: the idea is to make Gmail understand that when you receive a recurring email (that you receive every month, quarter, year…) from specific suppliers, and containing an invoice or a receipt, it will forward it to your dedicated Qonto address.
First, let's save the dedicated Qonto address as a forwarding address in Gmail, so that we can use it later as a forwarding address.
- In the Forwarding and POP/IMAP category of your Gmail settings, click on the grey rectangle Add a forwarding address and enter your dedicated Qonto address (it's here!). Click Next, then Continue.
- We will automatically transfer your confirmation code to you. So click Ok, then find your code in your current mailbox, by opening it in a new tab or window, so you don't have to start the process again. The code is composed of a series of 9 digits, that you just have to copy.
- Back in your initial window, paste the code in the dedicated text field, then click on Verify.
Great, the Qonto address is now recognized by Gmail. Now it's time to create our filter!
- In the Filters and Blocked Addresses category of your Gmail settings (just to the left of Forwarding and POP/IMAP, click on Create a filter
- Type in the email address of the service you pay for on a recurring basis uses containing its digital invoices, like software for example. You can enter multiple addresses, separated by ';'.
- Also check the Attachment box, since the emails we are talking about contain the receipt or invoice we are interested in attaching
- Then click on Create filter, then on the Add forwarding address box. Here, select your dedicated Qonto address.
- Click one last time on Create a filter, and you're done!
The only thing you have to do is to check, via the confirmation email we send you afterwards, that each associated attachment is the right one.
See you soon,
Your Qonto team
Receipts Forward feature is accessible for all plans except Solo Basic, for Admins and Account Owners